Thursday, January 30, 2014

I BELIEVE IN THE FOREST, AND IN THE MEADOW, AND IN THE NIGHT



Our hike through the Malibu canyons rewarded us with a secluded spot and light so incandescent it made the forest come alive. Deers quietly tiptoed past and birds flew in sprawling formation overhead - we certainly were not in the heart of LA anymore. I have to say, nature is incredibly conducive to daydreaming. It makes me think about the bigger questions in life, the unanswerable or unimaginable. And although I cannot be certain of much, out in this forest when I closed my eyes for a brief instance, I could truly be certain in the sinewy feeling of grass between my finger tips, the dry earth beneath my feet and the gentle way the light warmed my back.

"I believe in the forest, and in the meadow, and in the night"
- Henry David Thoreau













No comments

Post a Comment

  the fair allure. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.